Benjamin Aigboboh is an associate in the Business Trial and Entertainment, Media and Technology Practice Groups in the firm’s Century City office. Mr. Aigboboh represents clients in the areas of entertainment, intellectual property and commercial litigation.
Mr. Aigboboh’s entertainment practice includes the representation of studios, producers, and other media companies with respect to a variety of claims, including those relating to content distribution, profit participation and other accounting issues, contract disputes, and other business and production-related issues.
Mr. Aigboboh’s intellectual property practice includes the representation of a number of national and international companies in cases involving trademark (including cases before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board), copyright and right of publicity claims. Mr. Aigboboh has also represented corporate clients involved in business, tort, and consumer class action litigations.
Mr. Aigboboh is currently representing or has represented:
- An international electronics retailer in a right of publicity suit involving claims asserted by several A-list actors arising from the use of movie stills owned by various film studios, showing characters these actors had played in various films, to advertise the sale of home entertainment products by the client. The case settled favorably.
- A hotel in a breach of contract and trademark claim involving the transfer of certain trademark rights to a global beverage company. Mr. Aigboboh served as second chair during the two week arbitration and was responsible for overseeing all aspects of the case leading up to arbitration.
- An online retailer in a copyright infringement case, which included complex and novel issues related to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Mr. Aigboboh served as second chair during a jury trial in the Southern District of New York, drafted and successfully argued motions in limine and jury instructions, and examined adverse witnesses at trial. The jury returned a favorable verdict.
- A film merchandise company in a right of publicity suit in federal court involving claims by an actor in well-known holiday film. Mr. Aigboboh was tasked with preparing the case for trial. The case settled favorably on the eve of trial.
- J.D., Stanford University, 2009
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2005
Rate : $$$