Benjamin H. Asch is a New York associate in Pillsbury’s Executive Compensation & Benefits practice. Although originally from New Jersey, Ben came to the firm from the United States Marine Corps, by way of Berkeley, California.
Ben designs, implements, and advises on the ongoing compliance or correction of qualified and nonqualified ERISA plans, deferred compensation arrangements and non-ERISA employee benefits.
He also counsels public, private, and government employers on the tax, accounting, human resource and reporting implications of incentive programs, including equity and phantom equity award plans.
He drafts and negotiates employment, consulting, secondment and retention agreements on behalf of both service providers and service recipients.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advised on employment and employee benefit matters arising out of the acquisition of various Asian, European, and North American manufacturers.
- Rehabilitated a nonqualified deferred compensation plan that had been out of compliance for over 30 years.
- Counseled large employer during Department of Labor audit of its health and welfare plan.
- Reviewed incentive plans of non-U.S. employer for compliance with U.S. tax and securities law.
- Negotiated a series of consulting and employment agreements relating to tax and compensation treatment of executive providing services on four continents to interrelated entities.
- Consulted on federal preemption of state law tort asserted against a self-employed individual.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 2015
- B.A., Rutgers University, 2012
ADMISSIONS : New Jersey, New York
Rate : $$$