Benjamin J. Christenson’s practice focuses on advising and defending clients facing regulatory, administrative, and criminal investigations. He has represented organizations and individuals in a number of industries including healthcare, insurance, financial services, and consumer goods in grand jury matters and investigations by the Department of Justice, The Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General, the SEC, and State Attorneys General.
He has conducted internal investigations in response to government inquiries, whistle-blower reports, and financial irregularities. He also has experience in antitrust, commercial, and consumer litigation including the conduct of witness and corporate representative depositions, the briefing of complex substantive and discovery-related motions, and appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Ben clerked for the Honorable Matthew F. Kennelly, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and the Honorable Harris L Hartz, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
Ben received an Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service from the United States District for the Northern District of Illinois for his work as part of a team representing an individual raising section 1983 civil rights claims in relation to an arrest.
While earning his law degree from the University of Illinois College of Law, Ben interned at the U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division and served as an Articles Editor for the Illinois Law Review.
He received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Torts, Constitutional Law, Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, Introduction to Advocacy, Evidence, Federal Courts, Professional Responsibility, Bankruptcy, and Criminal Procedure: Adjudications.
- Representation of healthcare provider plaintiff in Federal suit alleging exclusive dealing and monopolization antitrust claims.
- Representation of government contractor in local government investigation of benefits provided to government employees.
- Obtained complete summary judgment for food and beverage industry client in litigation involving allegations of fraud and breach of contract.
- Representation of company in internal investigation into accounting and inventory control irregularities.
- Representation of financial services company in resolution of urgent issues arising from a number of consumer litigation matters.
- Representation of professional services firm in internal investigation of alleged improper dealings with public officials.
- University of Illinois College of Law, JD, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2010
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA, Economics, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
Rate : $$$