Benjamin Y. Cooper, IV focuses his practice on the acquisition, financing and development of domestic and international energy and transportation projects worldwide.
Ben focuses his practice on project finance and development transactions, including developing, privatizing, restructuring, and financing diverse types of projects throughout the world, with a particular focus on the energy sector.
Ben assists industry clients with the acquisition and development of solar, wind, and conventional energy projects, including advising on asset and stock purchase agreements, engineering, procurement, and construction contracts (EPCs), module and turbine supply contracts, power purchase agreements (PPAs), and interconnection agreements.
Ben also advises clients on a range of complex financial transactions, including private equity fund formations, private offerings, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, and strategic corporate transactions.
- Advising the Government of The Gambia in connection with ongoing negotiations for a 35 MW heavy fuel IPP.
- Advising the World Bank and the Government of Kosovo in relation to the development and rehabilitation of lignite-fired combined heat and power plants in Pristina.
- Advising an independent power producer in relation to the financing of a 200 MW gas-fired power plant in the US.
- Advised a private equity fund in relation to the financing and development of a 750 MW gas-fired power plant in the US.
- Advised an international bank on its roll-up investment in numerous solar energy project developments.
- Advised a publicly traded diversified manufacturing company in its acquisition of a China-based designer, manufacturer, and provider of cable assemblies and related interconnect components from a UK-based private equity fund.
- Advised a publicly traded global manufacturer in connection with its formation of strategic relationships with a variety of international suppliers.
- Advised a leading provider of communications and content on its acquisition by a global satellite and terrestrial communications company.
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of ten commercial heat treating facilities.
- Advised a private equity fund in its sale of a rolled-up group of manufacturers of stainless steel and aluminum tanks to a strategic buyer.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2011
- BA, Political Philosophy, Policy and Law, University of Virginia, with distinction, 2008
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law, Environment, Energy and Resources Law, and Infrastructure and Regulated Industries Sections
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Richmond Bar Association
- Board Member, Richmond Regional Board, UVA College Foundation
Rate : $$$$