Benjamin A. Escobar is a first chair trial lawyer with a background in chemical engineering. He brings a combination of technical know-how and deep sector experience to the complicated landscape of energy litigation.
Ben’s work encompasses upstream, midstream, downstream processes, with an emphasis on onshore and offshore oil and gas operations. He advises clients operating in all three major sectors, including owners and operators, manufacturers, and contractors.
Ben represents clients before OSHA and BSEE and in trade secrets, indemnity claims, and casualty and business interruption losses and other litigation before state and federal courts, as well as arbitral tribunals.
He also handles operation and production agreements, engineering procurement and energy-related construction contracts, asset purchase and sale agreements, transportation and processing contracts, and construction-related errors and omissions projects.
Notable Work :
- Upstream: Represented ATG Oil & Gas Corp. in trial alleging breach of an investment banking contract for several hundred million dollars in financing to develop oil and gas properties.
- Midstream: Represented an international engineering and procurement contractor in an ICC arbitration of a dispute involving on the engineering, procurement, and construction of SCADA control system for several crude oil and product pipelines.
- Downstream: Represented the Wood Group PSN in the trial of several wrongful death and personal injury claims arising from an explosion on an offshore oil and gas platform.
- Chemical Process: Represented Chem32 LLC in defending allegations of misappropriation of catalyst processing trade secrets. Defense verdict obtained after a six-week trial.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1993, Law Review: Houston Law Review, Associate Editor, 1992-1993
- B.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Chemical Engineering, 1984
Bar Admissions :
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Rate : $$$$