Benjamin G. Goodman practices in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group with tireless dedication, attention to detail and a client-first approach. He focuses on securities, healthcare and False Claims Act litigation, while also navigating clients through internal and government investigations. Benjamin’s practice extends beyond white collar litigation and investigations to commercial and products liability disputes.
Benjamin gained valuable trial experience volunteering as a prosecutor for the City of Arlington, where he obtained guilty verdicts in all nine of his jury trials. He cultivated cases from start to finish, conducting the factual investigation and witness interviews, voir dire, opening and closing arguments, direct and cross examinations, and more.
In law school, Benjamin served as the Associate Recent Developments Editor for the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law. He also devoted his time each week to Youth Court, an organization committed to teaching children about the legal system and reducing the school-to-prison pipeline in low-income communities. Benjamin’s hard work earned him inclusion in the Order of the Coif and Texas Law’s most prestigious honor society, Chancellors.
Prior to law school, Benjamin furthered his ability to understand and solve client needs while doing reputation consulting and crisis management for Fortune 50 clients at an Austin-based firm.
Professional and Community Activities :
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Sections of Litigation, Health Law, and Antitrust
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 2015, High Honors; Order of the Coif; Chancellors; Morgan L. Pearce Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Law; Editorial Board, Associate Recent Developments Editor, Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law
- B.A., Political Science and French, Vanderbilt University, 2011
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Judge Lynn N. Hughes, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, July–August 2013
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2015
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Rate : $$$