Benjamin R. Hanan is Known for masterfully managing details in even the most complex transactions, Ben is detailed and conscientious in his approach to problem solving, and collaborates with clients in seeing a project through from start to finish. As a sought after trust and estate lawyer, and as co-chair of the firm’s Management Committee and managing partner of the Sarasota office, Ben’s principal areas of practice include business and estate planning.
As part of his business practice, Ben regularly counsels businesses and business owners on entity formation and funding, organizational and capital structure, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and equity owner agreements.
He is renowned for immersing himself in his clients’ businesses, and whether assisting a startup venture or counseling a well-established corporation with hundreds of employees, multiple locations, and revenues in excess of $100 million, Ben’s training as a certified public accountant (CPA), paired with his business acumen and proactive approach to the practice of law, enables him to offer keen insight into the legal and business issues and opportunities facing his clients.
With regard to his estate planning practice, Ben is dedicated to providing excellent service to his clients and has extensive experience working with individuals and families to achieve their individual planning goals. He designs each client’s estate plan to address each individual’s goals with respect to:
- Tax mitigation and the preservation of wealth
- Transfer of wealth to heirs and beneficiaries
- Protection and care for dependents
- Incapacitated children and elderly family members
A combination of Ben’s business and estate planning practices makes him uniquely qualified to counsel business owners and their families with respect to succession planning and family business matters.
- J.D., with highest honors, George Washington University, 1996
- M.P.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1993
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1991
Bar and Court Admissions : Florida
- Represented private equity platform companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented dental, medical, and podiatric management companies in connection with organization, operations, and acquisitions.
- Represented numerous entities in connection with sales to private equity.
- Represented entities in connection with buy-sell arrangements among their equity owners.
- Represented high-net-worth individuals in connection with estate planning and wealth preservation.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation, Board Member
- Economic Development Foundation of Sarasota County, Inc., Board Member
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation, Former Chairman of Board and Board Member
- Economic Development Corporation of Sarasota County, Former Chairman of Board and Board Member
- Leadership Sarasota, Graduate, 1999
Rate : $$$