Benjamin A. Huffman is an associate in the Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance industry team and the Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental practice group in the Chicago office. Mr. Huffman is experienced with a variety of enterprise-level and project-level debt and equity financings, including origination and secondary market transactions.
Mr. Huffman works with financing providers (including banks, non-bank lenders, insurance companies and investment funds) and financing users (including project developers, public company borrowers and privately held borrowers) in connection with construction, acquisition and working capital debt facilities, passive tax and cash equity investments and secondary-market purchase and sale of debt and equity financing products.
While he works with a variety of industries, Mr. Huffman has particular experience with tax credit monetization transactions and renewable energy production facilities.
- Domestic wind energy developer; $190M equipment loan.
- Development and construction company; Multiple term loan facilities to finance acquisition of solar energy facility portfolio.
- Domestic wind energy developer; $490M term-convertible construction debt and tax equity financing for a wind generation facility in Illinois.
- Domestic wind energy developer; $568M term-convertible construction debt and tax equity financing for a wind generation facility in Michigan.
- Domestic wind energy developer; $106M term loan refinancing for a wind generation facility in Illinois.
- National bank; $13M tax equity investment in a multiple solar generation facilities in Massachusetts.
- Global wind energy developer; $96M tax equity financing for a wind generation facility in Texas.
- J.D., Notre Dame Law School, 2010, summa cum laude
- B.A., DePauw University, 2007,cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Management Fellow
Rate : $$$