Benjamin G. Kemble is a litigator with a focus on insurance-related matters. He has extensive experience representing major property/casualty and automobile insurance carriers, primarily in lawsuits involving first-party, contractual, and extra-contractual claims.
He handles all aspects of litigation, including drafting pleadings and dispositive motions, deposition and trial preparation of institutional-level witnesses, complex discovery matters, and appellate work (including drafting state supreme and federal circuit court-level briefs and arguing same before appellate panels).
His experience also includes defense of agent commitment/errors and omission claims, affirmative litigation for insurance carriers (fraud and recovery of wrongfully-obtained policy benefits), drafting coverage opinions on consumer and commercial policies, litigating affirmative declaratory judgment actions, and defense of various third-party actions against insurance carriers.
Additionally, Ben has general litigation experience in matters such as commercial premises liability, wrongful death and survival, defamation, and complex commercial disputes. Ben’s practice is multi-jurisdictional, primarily in Texas and Oklahoma.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2005, with honors, Texas International Law Journal, Executive Editor; Articles and Notes Editor
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin, Japanese; English, 1999
Bar Admissions : Texas; Oklahoma
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
Affiliations : Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
Rate : $$$$