Benjamin D. Kirk is an associate in the Intellectual Property Department. With a background in mechanical engineering as well as law, Ben assists clients with the patent prosecution process, as well as freedom to operate investigations, litigation support, and license review.
Prior to law school, he worked as a mechanical design engineer at a company that designs and manufactures airflow solution products for critical environments such as health care facilities and laboratories.
There, he oversaw the design and manufacturing of Venturi valves from conception to commercial release. Ben’s Master’s thesis was directed to two non-destructive laser testing methods for determining thermal properties of materials.
- Georgia State University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- Purdue University (M.S. 2011)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S. 2009, with highest honors)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Rate : $$$$