Benjamin Noren has a diverse litigation practice that encompasses commercial matters and civil cases in federal, state and appellate courts. In recent years, he has handled a number of matters in the food and beverage, real estate, pharmaceutical, transportation, and financial sectors.
Ben has experience handling claims involving fraud, insurance coverage, breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, negligence, products liability, premises liability, toxic torts, contested foreclosures, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, class action defense, corporate dissolutions, and employment discrimination.
In addition, he has extensive experience representing lenders, loan servicers, and investors in state and federal actions alleging mortgage fraud, predatory lending, and violations of state and federal consumer protection statutes.
Ben is recognized for his strategic ability to successfully and aggressively resolve disputes, in an efficient and cost-conscious manner. He has a track record of developing and implementing creative solutions to complex legal problems. Prior to joining Hinshaw, Ben spent over three years as an attorney in public service for The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
In that capacity, he defended the Port Authority in six jury trials to verdict and brought a number of property damage/breach of contract cases, which won the Port Authority over 5 million dollars. Ben began his legal career with a boutique personal injury firm in New York.
He also gained a wealth of knowledge through legal externships and internships during law school, including work with the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York and the Office of the Nassau County Attorney.
Representative Matters :
- Colocation Trial: Shared responsibility for preparation and trial of a case in the SDNY, successfully defending one of the world’s largest providers of business process services, against claims that it improperly terminated an agreement to house its customer’s back-up servers at a colocation facility.
- Breach of Contract Trial: Shared responsibility for preparation and trial of a jury trial in New York County, successfully prosecuting a breach of contract case against a former business partner.
- Appellate Practice: Obtained a novel and beneficial ruling from a New York appellate court that a bank can proceed with a foreclosure on a mortgage that was assigned after a property owner’s personal debt was discharged in bankruptcy.
- Maritime Arbitration: Shared responsibility for preparation and litigation of a week-long arbitration hearing, successfully defending claims of breach of contract, piercing the corporate veil, and fraud.
- Statute of Limitation Issues: Obtained two very favorable decisions for our mortgage servicing clients in cases involving statute of limitations issues arising from the dismissal of prior foreclosure actions on the same debt.
- Plane Crash Case: Obtained a favorable settlement for my client, a property owner, whose property had been physically damaged when a plane failed to take-off at an airport due to an unscrupulous plan to falsify records and overfill its gas tank.
- J.D., summa cum laude, Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, 2009
- B.S., History, Mass Communications, Towson University, 2006
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$$