Benjamin R. Pedersen is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Capital Markets Group. Mr. Pedersen joined Debevoise in 2013. Mr. Pedersen received his J.D. magna cum laude from Cardozo School of Law in 2013, where he was a Dean’s Distinguished Scholar, submissions editor of the Cardozo Law Review, and Order of the Coif. He received his B.A. from Cornell University in 2008.
Prior to law school, Mr. Pedersen worked as a credit analyst for Farm Credit East, ACA.
- Elliott Management in a $450 million equity rights offering of Roadrunner Transportation Systems, resulting in Elliott acquiring 90% of Roadrunner.
- Discovery Communications in its $14.6 billion acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive.
- Verizon Communications in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Straight Path Communications, a leading wireless spectrum holder.
- Atkore International, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $258.75 million secondary offering of common stock.
- Gogo in its $525 million offering of 12.5% senior secured notes due 2022.
- TruGreen, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, and CD&R in TruGreen’s merger with Scotts LawnService.
- Kelso & Company, the private equity sponsor of Logan’s Roadhouse Inc., in connection with Logan’s pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings and in a privately negotiated exchange offer to holders of Logan’s senior secured notes resulting in the issuance of over $220 million in new senior secured notes.
- Getty Images in multiple capital-raising initiatives to complement its existing debt structure and in exploring related balance sheet alternatives with respect to its approximately $2.3 billion in funded debt.
- Standard General in securities law matters related to various investments, including its acquisition of RadioShack’s asset based credit facility and its investment in clothing manufacturer and distributor American Apparel.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- Altegrity, a global, diversified risk and information services company, together with its operating businesses Kroll, HireRight and USIS, in their pre-negotiated Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, in which they successfully restructured more than $1.8 billion in funded indebtedness.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Energy Future Holdings and its subsidiaries. With over $49 billion in debt, EFH is the largest leveraged buyout ever to file for bankruptcy.
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2013, J.D.
- Cornell University, 2008, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$