Ben has been working with franchisors for over fifteen years on a variety of litigation, counseling, transactional, and regulatory matters. Even though his experience spans a broad range of areas, Ben’s expertise is in litigating disputes of all kinds. From suits involving alternative distribution channels and contested terminations to enforcing post-term covenants against terminated franchisees, Ben has assisted clients in navigating the perils of litigation.
While winning the case is always the goal, Ben understands from his background in transactional, regulatory, and counseling matters that the most important consideration is how the resolution of an individual dispute impacts a franchisor’s overriding business goals.
Ben’s experience beyond litigation includes advising clients in trademark prosecutions and trademark protection matters, counseling franchisors in all aspects of the franchise relationship, advising franchisors in connection with the structuring of their domestic and international franchise programs, and representing clients before various federal agencies, including the Food and Drug Administration and Consumer Product Safety Administration on a variety of issues, such as advertising and marketing practices, food labeling and recalls of consumer goods.
- American Bar Association (Forum on Franchising, Section of Litigation)
- Director, Forum on Franchising Litigation and Dispute Resolution Division Steering Committee (2017-2019)
- Member, Forum on Franchising Litigation and Dispute Resolution Division Steering Committee (2015-2017)
- International Franchise Association
- Legal Symposium Task Force (2007)
- Legal and Legislative Committee
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
Rate : $$$