As a litigator, Benjamin L. Riddle’s first priority is to advise clients in a manner that keeps them out of the courtroom so that they can effectively predict and manage the cost of legal services. Ben has a diverse practice representing regional banks, private businesses, and non-profit entities in litigation and pre-litigation disputes.
He has negotiated resolutions of commercial lease disputes, breach of contract claims, partnership disputes, construction defect claims, insurance and bad-faith claims. Prior to joining Steptoe & Johnson, Ben practiced with the law firm of McBrayer, McGinnis, Leslie & Kirkland, PLLC in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Successfully litigated matters concerning commercial and residential real estate disputes, breach of contract claims, partnership disputes, business dissolutions, construction defect claims, and transportation issues
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of bank engaged in the provision of mortgage brokerage services against former customer who had been defrauded by the title agent
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of volunteer special deputy based upon exclusive remedy provision of the Workers’ Compensation Act
- Obtained defense verdict, with damages awarded for counter-claim, in breach of contract construction case after plaintiff claimed in excess of $500,000.00 in damages
- J.D. Indiana University School of Law
- B.A. Indiana University
- A.M Best Client Recommended 2018
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
Rate : $$$