Benjamin P. Sykes is a Partner in the Chicago office of Locke Lord LLP where he concentrates his practice on regulatory and transactional insurance, health care and administrative matters. His insurance practice includes extensive experience with reinsurance transactions in all lines of business for the insurance industry.
He regularly advises insurers, managed care organizations, managing general agents, third party administrators and service contract providers on complex issues relating to compliance with various federal and state insurance laws and provides counsel on transactional matters.
Representative Experience :
- Advising a regional property & casualty insurer on the sale of its personal lines business via a renewal rights transaction.
- Advising various clients, including a national hospital group, a regional HMO, and a large provider group, on potential joint ventures between providers and insurers, with a specific emphasis on PPACA related issues.
- Preparing and filing forms associated with holding company registration statement regulations in multiple jurisdictions for various insurers.
- Drafting multiple contingent commission agreements for a multinational specialty lines insurance company and its various managing general agents.
- Analyzing the impact of “any willing provider” laws on the business of a national pharmacy benefit management company.
Professional History :
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, Foley & Lardner LLP
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2008
- B.S., Math-Intensive Economics and Political Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005
Admissions : Wisconsin; Illinois
Rate : $$$