Benjamin D. Tievsky represents policyholders exclusively in insurance coverage matters involving general liability, environmental exposures, cyber liabilities, director and officer claims, and losses involving property damage and business interruption.
Benjamin has counseled and litigated on behalf of U.S. and international policyholders in an array of industries, including public utilities and companies in the natural resources, pharmaceutical, transportation, entertainment and technology spaces. Among other types of claims, he helps insureds obtain coverage for federal- and state-mandated environmental investigation and remediation.
Additionally, Benjamin has significant experience assisting victims of cyber attacks in all aspects of insurance recovery. He also closely follows insurance-related developments in the legal cannabis industry and has cultivated expertise in this rapidly growing and evolving field.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented a New York public utility company in litigation of long-tail environmental insurance claims.
- Represented a global electronics and entertainment company in landmark coverage litigation arising from a high-profile cyber attack.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in international arbitration involving patent infringement liability insurance.
- J.D., Benjamin Cardozo Law School, Yeshiva University
- A.B., University of Chicago
ADMISSIONS : New York, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
Rate : $$$$