Benjamin L. Williams represents a diverse range of clients in the government contracts and construction industry including defense contractors, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, owners, insurers, and sureties. Prior to joining the firm, Ben was an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of a national law firm where he focused his practice on construction law and government contracting. Previously, Ben was a law clerk with the same law firm while he earned his law degree at night.
Before launching his legal career, Ben was a construction manager, specializing in building facades and building envelope systems for numerous public and private projects. Building on that experience, Ben counsels clients in public bid protests, contract negotiation, requests for equitable adjustment, breach of contract claims, delays and disruptions, performance and design defects, terminations for default, past performance evaluations, mechanic’s liens, and payment and performance bond claims.
Ben was recognized as a Washington, D.C. “Rising Star” for 2017-2019 in the areas of Government Contracts by Super Lawyers magazine.
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D. (2015) cum laude
- Middlebury College, B.A., Art and Architecture (2002)
- District of Columbia (2016)
- Virginia (2015)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Rate : $$$