Bennet J. Moskowitz litigates business disputes from inception through trials, appeals and judgment enforcement. Bennet practices in federal and state courts throughout the country. Bennet helps businesses and entrepreneurs avoid litigation by achieving sensible dispute resolutions.
When litigation is unavoidable, however, Bennet ensures his clients handle their disputes as efficiently as possible, including by leveraging the latest eDiscovery technology and his practical knowledge of all stages of litigation. Bennet focuses on litigation involving contract disputes, business torts and creditors’ rights, among other areas.
Bennet has significant trial and post-judgment experience, including property seizure actions, turnover proceedings and receivership applications. Bennet also has significant ADR experience, including AAA and JAMS arbitrations.
Representative Matters :
- Obtained a unanimous New York State appellate court (First Department) decision affirming a trial court’s dismissal of a fraudulent inducement action against our clients, directors and officers of a foreign company. The First Department clarified legal principles concerning fraud claims under New York law.
- Represented a national book distributor in a federal jury trial involving breaches of personal guaranties and fraud. The jury reached a verdict in the amount of over $18 million in favor of our client.
- Represented the special assets group of one of the largest U.S. commercial banks in various judgment enforcement actions, including CPLR Article 71 seizure actions and CPLR Article 52 turnover proceedings.
- Represented a precious metals manufacturer in a federal court action brought against equipment dealers who sold our client deficient manufacturing equipment.
Professional and Community Involvement : New York State Bar Association; Commercial and Federal Litigation Section; Member of the Committee on Electronic Discovery
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 2008
- New York University, B.A., 2005
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, Connecticut
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
Rate : $$$