Bennett B. Borden is the firm’s chief data scientist and responsible for the firm’s data analytics strategy. Harnessing the power of data is essential for helping clients drive value in their business operations and telling their side of the story in litigation.
Bennett is one of the world’s first lawyer/data scientists and has recently been appointed to the National Conference of Lawyers and Scientists (NCLS) of the American Academy for the Advancement of Science. Bennett advises the firm and its clients on the development and use of analytics models that enable insight, data storytelling and economic value generation.
Bennett’s ground-breaking research into the use of machine-based learning and unstructured data for organizational insight is now being put to work in data-driven early warning systems for clients to detect and prevent corporate fraud and other misconduct.
Bennett also builds machine-based learning models to transform and improve legal outcomes in key corporate events including mergers and acquisitions, information governance program development and enforcement, litigation and investigations and business intelligence.
In addition to conducting both offensive and defensive electronic discovery in complex litigation, Bennett has extensive experience counseling clients on the establishment of information governance and records management policies. He regularly advises multinational clients regarding data privacy, security and regulatory compliance.
Bennett is a frequent speaker and author and a guest lecturer at Georgetown University Law Center, the University of Virginia Law School, Temple University Law School and the University of Maryland College of Information Studies.
- Led investigation of whistleblower allegations for major worldwide company. Brought advanced analytical technology to bear to analyze 4 million documents in 10 days to refute allegations and head off regulatory investigation.
- Used advanced analytics to analyze a target company’s information systems post-acquisition to prove that it overstated its valuation and obtained 25 percent purchase price reimbursement for acquirer.
- Led investigation of whistleblower allegations for major software company, using advanced analytics to analyze email and transaction data to refute allegations and disprove FCPA violation within two weeks of allegations.
- Lead e-discovery counsel for significant government contractor in a qui tam case alleging a False Claims Act violation which threatened the continued existence of the contractor.
- Case lead and discovery manager for plaintiff in case against leading search engine company for trademark infringement for use of trademarks in sponsored links. Negotiated complex discovery protocols seeking electronic data concerning online user behavior. Developed proportional, targeted and iterative discovery protocols.
- New York University, M.S., Business Analytics
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, Legal Writing Fellow
- George Mason University, B.A., with highest honors
Bar Admissions :
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$