Benton Curtis, a former federal prosecutor, focuses his practice on white collar criminal and civil matters and complex civil litigation, government investigations, and compliance counseling, with a particular emphasis in the health care industry.
He has tried more than 25 federal jury trials around the country, and applies that experience when routinely counseling clients on fraud and abuse, Anti-Kickback, and Stark issues.
- Samford University Cumberland School of Law, JD (2001)
- Spring Hill College, BA (1997)
- District of Columbia
- Represented former South American minister in connection with U.S. Department of Justice FCPA and money laundering investigation
- Represented former CFO of government contractor in connection with criminal investigation by SIGAR and the U.S. Department of Justice
- Represented joint venture in metals recycling industry in civil lawsuit against former employee and competitors, alleging kickback and theft scheme between numerous former employees and competitors
- Represented co-principals of compounding pharmacy in connection with parallel civil and criminal investigation being conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation
Previous Professional Experience:
- Assistant Chief, Criminal Fraud Section, U.S. Department of Justice
- Supervised investigations, prosecutions, and resolutions in the Fraud Section’s Health Care Fraud Unit in multiple federal districts, including, at times, the Central District of California, the Middle District of Louisiana, and the Eastern District of New York
- In the office’s Economic Crimes Section, prosecuted healthcare fraud and other related white collar statutes
- Assistant United States Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Florida
Professional Activities : Member, The Florida Bar
Rate : $$$