Berj K. Parseghian is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Business Practices, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, Energy & Environment, and Products Liability Practices. He has more than 14 years of experience litigating some of the most challenging matters in the country.
Mr. Parseghian’s practice has spanned a broad range of complex litigation matters, including product liability, toxic tort, environmental, breach of contract, administrative law, unfair competition, theft of trade secret and real estate cases.
He has represented clients in a wide range of industries, including energy, consumer products, refining, banking, government, healthcare, beauty products, and chemicals. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Parseghian served as a Senior Attorney at the Southern California Edison Company.
- UCLA School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1998
- California Institute of Technology, Graduate Student in Chemistry
- The University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science in Chemistry with High Honors, 1994
- State Bar Admissions, California, District of Columbia
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
Community Activities :
- Temporary Judge, Los Angeles Superior Court, 2011-2013
- Arbitrator, Los Angeles Superior Court, 2003-2007
Representative Cases :
- First-chair trial counsel in a federal court environmental action concerning contamination of soil and groundwater with petroleum products.
- Trial counsel in a state court jury trial for fraud and breach of contract arising from an energy purchase agreement.
- Represented an independent power producer in California State Water Resources Control Board permit fee proceedings and a subsequent appeal.
- Lead counsel in state court and federal multi-district environmental litigation for alleged groundwater contamination from leaking underground storage tanks.
Rate : $$$