Bernard M. Plum is a former member of Proskauer’s Executive Committee and former co-chair of the Labor & Employment Law Department. He focuses mainly on collective bargaining, arbitration, and strategic planning in a variety of settings, including the performing arts, entertainment, sports, newspaper and utilities industries.
He has served as chief spokesperson and strategist in a wide variety of collective bargaining situations, and also has litigated labor and employment matters in the state and federal courts of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Illinois, Delaware and California.
Bernie has, for many years, served as chief spokesperson for numerous employers, including the Broadway theater owners and producers. Among the employers Bernie has represented are The New York Times Co., The Boston Globe, The Philadelphia Inquirer, ImpreMedia, The Broadway League, The New York City Ballet, The Metropolitan Opera, The Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Carnegie Hall, City Center of Music and Drama, Inc., Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, Sony Music Group, EMI, Disney, Major League Soccer, The National Basketball Association, PPL, Inc., and Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1979
- Notes Editor, Columbia Law Review, 1978-1979
- Columbia University, M.Phil., 1976
- Columbia University, M.A., 1974
- New York University, B.A., 1973
Admissions & Qualifications : New York
Clerkships : U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District – Hon. Leonard B. Sand
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, New York, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Northern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
Rate : $$$