Bernardo L. Piereck represents private equity, private company and public company clients on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and general corporate and securities matters. His experience includes cross-border mergers and acquisitions involving both strategic and financial buyers, sellers and financial sponsors in inbound and outbound transactions.
As part of his private practice, he also has experience in representing public corporations in Securities and Exchange Commission investigations, as well as non-profit organizations on formation, qualification for tax-exempt status and governance practices. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Piereck worked as an economist at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Washington, D.C.
In that capacity, he led the technical economic analyses of market power abuses and anomalous market behavior in the California wholesale energy markets and participated in settlement negotiations regarding refunds, penalties, and compliance plans.
Mr. Piereck has been listed as a recommended lawyer for the International Firms: Capital Markets category by The Legal 500 Latin America 2017. He is also listed as a ‘Mexico Specialist’ in The Legal 500’s Private Practice Powerlist. In addition, Mr. Piereck was recently named a “notable practitioner” for M&A and private equity by IFLR 1000.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Piereck worked in the Washington, D.C. office of an international law firm where he represented clients in the negotiation and drafting of core and ancillary transaction documentation in relation to the acquisition and divestiture of several public and private target companies.
- Florida International University, B.A., 2001, cum laude, Golden Key International Honor Society, Omicron Delta Epsilon International Economics Honor Society, Dean’s List
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2008, magna cum laude, Managing Editor of The Docket Newspaper, Member of the George Mason Law Review, Trial Advocacy Association, Hispanic Law Students Association
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia
- Kinross Gold Corporation in its acquisition of two Brazilian hydroelectric power plants through its wholly-owned subsidiary Kinross Brasil Mineraçao.
- Cinemex Holdings USA, Inc. in its acquisition of Cobb Theaters, a modern, premium circuit of 28 theater locations across the southeastern United States.
- Laguna Dairy, S.A. de C.V., a multinational fresh fluid dairy processor based in Mexico, in the sale of Borden to ACON Investments, LLC via an equity recapitalization.
- GIC, the sovereign wealth fund of Singapore, in its US$350 million investment in Kronos Inc., a company focused on delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud, as part of a broader recapitalization of Kronos.
- Court Square Capital Partners in a number of its transactions, including the US$1.12 billion sale of the Harvard Drug Group to Cardinal Health Inc., and various portfolio company acquisitions.
- Switzerland-based Ferring Pharmaceuticals on its 2014 acquisition of DDAVP® (desmopressin acetate) from Sanofi.
- Sweden-based Orexo AB in its sale of the rights to the pharmaceutical product Abstral in the United States to Galena Biopharma, Inc.
- Guggenheim Investments in its acquisition of Accretive Asset Management LLC, a leading provider of fixed-income indexing solutions and the creator of BulletShares Indices.
Rate : $$$