Bert Hummel is an associate attorney in the Atlanta office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Workers’ Compensation Practices. Bert has extensive experience in litigation and has handled hundreds of claims in his practice for a variety of insurance companies, Fortune 500 companies, large corporations, small businesses, and self-insurers, as well as TPA’s, PEO’s, and staffing companies.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Bert worked for a metro-Atlanta firm that handled workers compensation and insurance defense claims all over Georgia. Bert has experience representing clients in every corner of the state and has taken several depositions of witnesses, injured parties, and doctors. Bert understands the importance of investigating claims thoroughly and traveling long distances to successfully and adequately represent his clients.
Bert is originally from Louisville, Kentucky, but moved to the Atlanta suburbs in 1988. He now lives in the city of Atlanta with his wife Christina. In their free time, Bert and his wife enjoy the variety of parks in the city, the Beltline, attending Hawks, Falcons, and Braves games, and traveling. Bert also enjoys playing basketball, hiking, and fishing.
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2012
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2007
- State Bar Admissions, Georgia
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- State Supreme Courts, Georgia Supreme Court
- State Appellate Courts, Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- YLD Secretary 2017
- YLD Board of Directors 2013-2017
- Chairman of Competitions Committee 2015-2016
- Cobb County Bar Association
- President of Cobb County Younger Lawyer Section 2016-2017
- Cobb County Board of Trustees Member 2016-2017
- President-Elect Cobb County Younger Lawyer Section 2015-2016
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Order of the Barristers
Rate : $$$$