Beth Rauer Goodykoontz’s practice focuses on mass tort litigation, toxic torts, and products liability. She has 22 years of experience as an attorney, including 16 years involved in the defense of clients in asbestos cases.
Ms. Goodykoontz’s primary area of practice focuses on the defense of products liability cases and complex tort actions for national corporations in asbestos litigation. She routinely serves as coordinating liaison counsel in asbestos cases referred to the West Virginia Mass Litigation Panel coordinating all aspects of factual and expert discovery.
In addition to toxic tort experience, she has experience defending deliberate intent cases. She also handles litigation in products liability, personal injury, and contract matters. Ms. Goodykoontz represents corporations, including national corporate clients, as well as regional and local corporate clients.
She has represented premises owners, manufacturers, and Fortune 500companies in many industries, including the chemical industry, manufacturers of plastics and synthetic fibers, and manufacturers and suppliers of asbestos-containing products.
Previously, Ms. Goodykoontz was a member of the law firm of Robinson & McElwee where her practice focused on mass tort litigation, toxic torts, and products liability. Ms. Goodykoontz also worked within the West Virginia Attorney General’s Office as Assistant Attorney General handling workers’ compensation defense and representing state agencies in grievances and administrative hearings before state grievance boards.
- Litigated asbestos, benzene, and other toxic exposure cases representing more than 25 different clients, including premises liability clients, manufacturers, and suppliers of numerous products and installers of asbestos-containing products
- Defended deliberate intent cases brought by employees against employers in an effort to avoid the employer’s workers’ compensation immunity, a type of personal injury action unique to West Virginia jurisprudence
- Represented respiratory protection manufacturer in silica exposure claims
- Served as coordinating liaison counsel in asbestos cases referred to the West Virginia Mass Litigation Panel, e.g. coordinating all aspects of factual and expert discovery
- Represented colleges and universities in administrative proceedings, including grievance and unemployment hearings
- J.D. West Virginia University
- M.A. West Virginia University
- B.A. Indiana University
- West Virginia State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Southern of West Virginia
- Defense Research Institute
- Formation Committee, West Virginia Women Attorneys
- Member, Local School Improvement Council, Holz Elementary School, 2009-2011
Rate : $$$