As a member of Shook’s Intellectual Property Division, Beth A. Larigan’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation, including the management of copyright and patent litigation cases across the country.
She has represented national and global clients in a number of industries, including computer software and hardware, gaming technologies, telecommunications, industrial manufacturing, biomedical and the recording industry.
Throughout her career, Beth has represented numerous well-known clients such as Alstom Grid, Cerner Corporation, Home Depot, Leggett & Platt, Nike, Sprint, Clearwire, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch Productions and Zynga.
Beth also served as national litigation counsel for the Recording Industry Association of America, for whom she managed hundreds of copyright infringement cases across the nation involving file-sharing.
She has been involved in every stage of litigation, from the pleading stage to discovery to dispositive and pretrial motion practice to trial and appellate proceedings. Her litigation practice also has involved settlement negotiations, mediations, and arbitrations.
Before joining Shook, Beth practiced law in the areas of labor and employment, commercial litigation, and insurance subrogation.
- J.D., with high distinction, University of Iowa College of Law, 2000
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of St. Thomas, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$