Beth Bernstein’s practice focuses on the defense of employers and insurance carriers under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, War Hazards Compensation Act, and Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act. She represents national insurance companies, the Army and Air Force Exchange Service, and local marine brokers.
As supported by the peer honors she has received, including Super Lawyers Rising Star and New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers, Beth has developed a reputation as one of the top attorneys in workers’ compensation law.
Beth is known for being creative and detail oriented in handling her clients’ claims, and prides herself in reaching resolutions that are both strategic and cost effective. She embraces frequent and consistent communication with her clients and focuses on being attuned to her clients’ needs.
Her dedication to practicing in a manner that is both aggressive and professional allows her to achieve the best results for her clients. Following graduation from Tulane Law School, Beth clerked for the Honorable Patrick M. Rosenow of the United States Department of Labor’s Office of Administrative Law Judges.
Here, she handled claims involving the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, Surface Transportation Assistance Act, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and Aviation Investment and Reform Act, as well as cases involving the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
This experience has given her in-depth knowledge of how the administrative courts function—the life of the claim, how judges tend to rule and the types of evidence given greatest weight—which is an advantage for her clients.
- Tulane Law School, Certificate in Maritime Law (J.D. 2007)
- Tulane Graduate School, Master of Arts – Philosophy (M.A. 2004)
- Tulane University – Newcomb College (B.A. 2003)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- American Bar Association, Member
- DOL-Joint Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Women’s International Shipping and Trade Association, Member
- Clerk, Honorable Patrick M. Rosenow, United States Department of Labor, Office of Administrative Law Judges (2008)
- Intern, Honorable Fredericka Homberg Wicker and Honorable Ivan L.R. Lemelle (2007)
Rate : $$$