Bethany C. Salvatore focuses her practice on representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including agency investigations, state and federal single-plaintiff actions, class and collective actions, and arbitrations, covering harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, constructive discharge, breach of fiduciary duty, restrictive covenants, and breach of contract actions.
In addition to representing clients in employment litigation matters, Bethany helps clients avoid the courthouse steps by developing preventative strategies to keep employers compliant with labor, employment, and wage and hour laws.
Bethany counsels employers on a variety of personnel issues, including but not limited to compliance with discrimination laws, family and medical leave laws, and wage and hour laws. She provides on-site management and employee training on these topics as well.
Bethany also drafts executive agreements, restrictive covenant and confidentiality agreements, severance packages, and personnel policies and procedures. Bethany serves as a chapter editor for two highly regarded employment treatises: BNA’s Employment Discrimination Law treatise and The Fair Labor Standards Act treatise.
She regularly contributes to other employment law publications and presents at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute on various employment topics. Bethany is proud to serve as a Leadership Council on Legal Diversity mentor. She was featured in The Best Lawyers in America for Employment Law in 2019.
Bethany earned her undergraduate degree from Allegheny College. She earned her law degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. During law school, Bethany served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Arthur J. Schwab, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Allegheny College, B.A., 2004
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- American Bar Association L&E Section
- American Bar Association Fair Labor Standards Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Volunteer
- Alexis Joy D’Achille Foundation for Postpartum Depression Advocate
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Mentor
Rate : $$$$