Betty Whitman resides in Weeki Wachee, Florida with her husband. They enjoy the great outdoors and are active in the community. Betty serves on the Board of Directors of the Florida Agriculture and Wildlife Expo, which celebrates our agricultural and wildlife heritage, culture and community, and is a member of the Weeki Wachee Crime Watch. Betty has been practicing law in Marion County since 1987.
Betty started her legal career as a secretary to her father, a general practitioner in Melbourne, Florida. She continued to work as a legal secretary in various cities in Florida and briefly in New York City.
She obtained her A.A. degree from Brevard Community College, then went on to the University of Central Florida to obtain her B.A. degree, and then to Law School at the University of Florida.
She was also Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation (2000-2015). She has spoken at numerous seminars and educational programs on practice and procedure, and topical issues, involving workers’ compensation, employment law and liability law.
Betty is the lead attorney for Social Security, personal injury and workers’ compensation in our Spring Hill Office.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (J.D., 1986)
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL (B.A., with honors, 1984)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The Florida Bar 1987
- U.S. District Court Middle, District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- State of Texas (inactive)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Marion County Chapter, (past President)
- Friends of Springs – Weeki Wachee, FL
- Marion County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Board Certified – Workers’ Compensation (2000 – 2015)
- Certified Continuing Education Instructor, State of Florida
- Vice President of Weeki Wachee Crime Watch (2016)
- Secretary and Board Member of Florida Agriculture and Wildlife Expo, Inc.
Rate : $$$