Betty Richmond is an attorney in Baker Donelson’s Houston office. Licensed in Texas and Louisiana, Ms. Richmond concentrates her practice in construction and energy (primarily oil and gas related).
Ms. Richmond represents construction owners, contractors, subcontractors and design professionals before state and federal courts and arbitration panels regarding construction related disputes, including defective design, defective construction, delay, disruption, and interference, arising out of commercial and industrial, private and public projects.
Ms. Richmond also represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in contract preparation and review, as well as project dispute avoidance.
Ms. Richmond represents oil and natural gas producers and operators, oil field services companies, pipeline companies, and oil field waste companies in litigation and arbitration, primarily involving breach of contract issues, royalty disputes, mineral leases, blowouts, down-hole well damage, oil and gas personal injuries, pipeline expropriation proceedings, and regulatory and environmental issues arising out of oil and gas exploration and production activities.
She also counsels oil, gas, and chemical companies in drafting and negotiating agreements, including leases, master services agreements, operating agreements, purchase and sales agreements for shippers, pipeline transportation and storage contracts.
Prior to practicing law, Ms. Richmond worked as a field engineer/project manager for ExxonMobil, where she was responsible for the execution and management of pipeline construction projects in Texas and Louisiana. Ms. Richmond is fluent in Spanish.
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Herbert Law Center, J.D., 2010
- University of Florida, B.S. in Civil Engineering, 2004
- Texas, 2012
- Louisiana, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts – Texas (Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western) and Louisiana (Eastern, Middle and Western)
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Texas and Louisiana State Bar Associations
- Member – American, Houston and Hispanic Bar Associations
- Advisory Board Member – Institute for Energy Law
- Member – Women’s Energy Network
Rate : $$$