Bill Hart is a Banking & Finance partner in Mayer Brown’s Houston office. He is also a Key Member of the firm’s high-yield debt practice. Bill has broad financial experience representing major banks, underwriters, borrowers and issuers in such matters as placement of high-yield debt securities, project finance, large syndicated bank transactions, oil and gas financings, asset-based financings and acquisition financings.
He has industry-specific financing experience in the areas of oil and gas and chemicals. Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2012, Bill was a partner at another prominent Houston law firm.
- University of Cambridge, LLM, summa cum laude
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, JD, summa cum laude
- University of Oklahoma, BA, summa cum laude
Admissions : Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Bank of Montreal – $250 million reserve-based financing for Citrus Energy Appalachia, LLC; $250 million reserve-based financing for Ajax Resources LLC; $50 million reserve-based first lien financing for Comstock Resources, Inc.
- A leading global bank – $500 million reserve-based financing for EM Energy Employee, LLC
- Berry Petroleum – $1.2 billion secured first lien reserve-based credit facility; $250 million second-lien reserve-based credit facility
- Halliburton Company – $700 million secured revolving credit agreement; $1.2 billion secured letter of credit facility; $2 billion senior unsecured credit facility
- Lyondell Chemical Corp. – $7 billion secured revolving and term credit facility; $100 million receivables securitization
- Transocean Inc. – $1 billion term loan and revolving credit facilities; $250 million working capital – renewal of 365-day unsecured facility; $175 million restructuring facility to finance debt; $545million working capital facility
- Transocean – $15 billion bridge loan facility in the merger of equals between Transocean and GlobalSantaFe
- Weatherford – $1.2 billion bridge facility, used in part to finance the purchase of certain divisions of Precision Drilling
- Kayne Anderson – $150 million acquisition of Plains All American Pipeline unites to partially fund Plains’ acquisition of Andrews Petroleum; $175 million acquisition of Copano Energy units to partially fund Copano’s acquisition of ScissorTail Energy
Rate : $$$$