Bill Sullivan focuses on a broad range of federal and state income tax planning matters, including tax issues related to M&A, joint ventures, dispositions, financings, reorganizations, restructurings, partnership transactions, and private equity transactions. Bill has worked on numerous private equity, LBO, and M&A transactions.
Bill routinely drafts and reviews complex partnership and limited liability company agreements, provides tax planning for private equity funds, and structures and implements equity compensation arrangements for service providers of corporations and entities taxed as partnerships.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, Taxation, 1995, with distinction
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School, 1993, magna cum laude
- B.S., University of New Hampshire, 1988
Bar Admissions : Massachusetts; Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
Notable Work :
- Strategic Combination: Represented clients in the combination of an Audax Group portfolio company with Dade Paper & Bag, to form one of the largest independent distributors of food service and janitorial supplies in the country, with combined sales of over $1 Billion.
- Strategic Sale: Represented a privately held pharmacy benefit solution provider for the workers’ compensation industry in a complex sale to a fortune 100 provider of integrated pharmacy benefits management services.
- Private Equity Acquisitions: Represented a global private equity and alternative assets investment firm in numerous acquisitions including, the acquisition of an IT solutions company providing consulting and data center solutions, the acquisition of 46 Outback Steakhouse restaurants in the Southwest United States and a healthcare company focused on the home delivery of medical supplies and medications.
- Trivest Partners: Represented one of the oldest private equity firm in the Southeast in numerous acquisitions and dispositions, including the acquisition and ultimate sale of a leading automotive fast lube chain in the Southeastern United States, a major distributor and processor of premium seafood products, a leading manufacturer and servicer of automated car wash systems and a large systems integrator that designs, deploys, and maintains commercial IT solutions.
Rate : $$$