Billy Abbott advises clients on tax matters in the context of private and public mergers and acquisitions, the formation, acquisition, and unwinding of partnerships and limited liability companies (LLCs), securities issuances and exchanges such as initial public offerings (IPOs) and debt securities, and large-scale syndicated credit facilities by financial institutions.
Billy understands that every business’s tax position is different and works to ensure that his clients achieve the best result possible in any transaction. He represents a wide range of enterprises, including start-ups, large multinational corporations, financial institutions, private equity, real estate, and other investment funds, and traditional and alternative energy companies.
Billy has experience in a variety of sectors, from pharmaceuticals and technology, to industrials. Prior to joining O’Melveny, Billy was a tax associate at a law firm in New York.
- Represented a major technology company in the acquisition of several foreign target companies
- Represented issuers and underwriters in multibillion-dollar issuances of publicly traded securities
- Represented private equity clients in the sale and acquisition of diverse portfolio companies
- Advised on an exchange of complex publicly traded debt securities
- New York
- Stanford University, J.D.
- College of William and Mary, B.A., Government and Mathematics
- Honorable Mary Ann Cohen, U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$$