Blair Thetford focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, securities transactions and general corporate matters. Mr. Thetford has represented strategic and financial clients on a variety of U.S. and cross-border acquisitions and dispositions, investments, joint ventures, restructurings, spin-offs, initial public offerings and REIT transactions.
He regularly advises clients on shareholder activism, takeover preparedness, securities laws, SEC disclosure and corporate governance matters. Mr. Thetford also represents investment banks as financial advisors in M&A transactions. Mr. Thetford has represented a diverse range of clients in a broad range of industries, including:
- Fortress Investment Group LLC in a variety of matters, including its:
- $250 million sale of Logan Circle Partners, Fortress’ traditional asset management business, to MetLife, Inc.;
- sale of its majority stake in Abercrombie & Kent Group of Companies, S.A. to Zhonghong Holdings;
- Wes Edens, founder of Fortress Investment Group and owner of the Milwaukee Bucks, in his joint investment with Nassef Sawiris in Aston Villa Football Club;
- Vanguard Health Systems, Inc. in its $4.3 billion acquisition by Tenet Healthcare Corporation;
- Life Time Fitness, Inc. in its $4 billion acquisition by Leonard Green & Partners and TPG Capital and its exploration of a spin-off of its real estate assets into a REIT;
- SeaCube Container Leasing Ltd. in its $1.8 billion acquisition by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan;
- OneMain Holdings, Inc. in the $1.5 billion acquisition of a 40 percent stake by an investor group led by Apollo Global Management, LLC and Värde Partners, Inc.;
- affiliates of MSX International, Inc. in connection with its acquisition by Bain Capital;
Mr. Thetford has advised various public companies in connection with activist investor matters, including Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (Sandell Asset Management), New Senior Investment Group Inc. (Levin Capital Strategies) and Newcastle Investment Corp. (BLR Partners).
He also has advised a number of issuers in connection with initial public offerings, including Moelis & Company, One Main Holdings, Inc. (formerly Springleaf Holdings, Inc.), SeaCube Container Leasing Ltd. and RailAmerica, Inc.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2008 (Member, Fordham Law Review)
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2001
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$$