Blake A. Bell is Senior Counsel. With more than two decades worth of experience as a commercial and securities litigator, he also serves as the Firm’s Senior Knowledge Management Counsel.
Blake has litigated technology and other issues on behalf of some of the world’s most notable business organizations including Intel Corporation, Accenture, DISH Network and others. He has advised some of the nation’s most prominent businesses on technology law and e-discovery legal matters.
He has extensive experience with electronic discovery in complex litigation. He has been named twice as among the 100 Internet and e-commerce lawyers in the United States by Law Business Research in its Internet and E-Commerce: An International Who’s Who of Internet and E-Commerce Lawyers.
Blake has served as a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of wallstreetlawyer.comand currently serves as a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Wall Street Lawyer. He also has served as a member of the Board of Editors of Cyberspace Lawyer and the Board of Advisers of eSecurities. He has written extensively in the area of legal technology issues for such publications as the New York Law Journal, eSecurities magazine and Investor Relations magazine.
Blake received his B.A. in American Government with High Honors in 1980 from the University of Virginia where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1983. He was a Dillard Fellow, a Harry S. Truman Scholar and received the University’s Most Distinguished Student Award.
Blake has been admitted to the Bars of the State of New York (1984); the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York (1988); the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (1991) and the Supreme Court of the United States (1994).
- University of Virginia School of Law, 1983 J.D.
- Dillard Fellow (Taught Legal Research and Writing), Harry S. Truman Scholar, Recipient of University of Virginia’s Most Distinguished Student Award, 1983
- University of Virginia, 1980 B.A.
- With High Distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, Omicron Delta Kappa, Harry S. Truman Scholar
- Twice named as among the 100 top Internet and E-Commerce Lawyers in the U.S. by Law Business Research
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, 1999–2002, Computer Law Committee
- New York 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court 1994
Rate : $$$$