Blake Betheil’s practice primarily focuses on estate planning and asset protection planning for a wide array of affluent individuals and their businesses. He advises individuals owning family wealth or closely held businesses regarding tax planning, inter-generational transfers of wealth, charitable giving, and transfers of business interests.
He has extensive experience in international estate planning, including U.S. tax planning for multinational families and for nonresident aliens owning U.S. real estate.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, JD (2008)
- New York University School of Law, LLM, Taxation (2011)
- University of Rochester, BA, magna cum laude (2004)
- New York
- Experience in preparing wills and trusts that allow individuals to control wealth during their lifetimes and pass it on to family members and charities in a manner that seeks to minimize tax burdens and controversies among family members and provide successive generations with the flexibility to manage assets while protecting the assets from potential creditors
- Experience in business planning, including the preparation of partnership agreements, operating agreements, and merger and acquisition documents; in preparing estate and gift tax returns; and in forming and obtaining tax-exempt status for charitable organizations
Previous Professional Experience:
- Tax and trusts and estates associate at a firm based in New York, NY (2008)
- Law Clerk, Vanderbilt University Office of the General Counsel (2006)
- Intern, former Rep. Michael N. Castle, Washington, D.C. (2003)
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$