Blanka K. Wolfe is a special counsel in the Finance & Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm’s New York office. Ms. Wolfe represents international and domestic clients in domestic bankruptcy cases, foreign insolvencies, and creditors’ rights litigations.
She has represented creditors, creditors’ committees, institutional lenders, chapter 7 trustees, distressed asset investors and purchasers, and debtors in bankruptcy cases, bankruptcy litigation and related out-of-court transactions in the United States and abroad, and in various industries, including financial services, aviation, hospitality, technology, pharmaceuticals, medical technology, real estate, equipment leasing and retail.
- J.D., Fordham Law School, 2007
- B.A., University of Western Ontario, 2004, with honors
- New York
- District Court for the Southern District of New York
- District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P., as landlord, in the chapter 11 cases of Friendly’s Ice Cream Corporation, Powerwave Technologies, Inc. and TPO Hess Holdings, Inc.
- Various creditors and contract counterparties, including Agricultural Bank of Taiwan, Evangelical Christian Credit Union and Norton Gold Fields Ltd., in chapter 11 cases and related foreign insolvency proceedings of Lehman Brothers Holding Inc. and its affiliated debtors.
- Synopsys, Inc. in the chapter 7 case of TranSwitch Corporation and the chapter 11 cases of the Eastman Kodak Company and Silicon Graphics Inc.
- Noteholders’ ad hoc committee and the indenture trustee in litigation and arbitration against Traffic Stream (BVI) Infrastructure Limited in Hong Kong and the Peoples Republic of China.
- Marriott International in the chapter 11 cases of Innkeepers USA Trust and MSR Resort Golf Course LLC in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York and Village Hotel Holdings LLC in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nevada.
- Various creditors, including DHL Express/Exel Inc., Hankook Tire Co. Ltd., and Mediterranean Shipping Co., in the Chrysler and General Motors bankruptcy cases.
- TCV Industrial Group as proposed purchaser of assets in Syntax-Brillian’s chapter 11 case and in adversary proceeding brought by debtor in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- NextGen Leadership Program, International Insolvency Institute
- Board of Directors, Roots of Health
- IWIRC, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Co-Chair, New York Women Lawyers Group
- Network of Women (NOW) Committee, Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
Rate : $$$