Blayne A. Grady regularly represents private equity fund sponsors in connection with both U.S. and international funds throughout the life cycle of a private equity fund. He also advises registered investment advisers with respect to regulatory compliance.
In addition, he counsels institutional investors in connection with investments in private equity funds, hedge funds and direct co-investments.Blayne brings a breadth of market knowledge to bear in helping clients handle complex fund structuring and negotiation.
Blayne handles transactional matters involving:
- Private equity fund formation
- Fund investment
- Fund manager transactions and seed investments
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Securities offerings
- Stock and asset purchases
- Equity and debt financings
- Strategic growth opportunities
- Exit strategies.
- Advises fund managers and investors in connection with manager sales.
- Represents private equity fund sponsors in complex fund structuring and negotiation.
- Has deep experience in credit fund structuring.
- Advised a private equity fund sponsor in connection with the formation and negotiation of a €2.25 billion investment fund and a €762 million investment fund, each targeting European real estate investments.
- Counseled a credit fund sponsor in the formation and negotiation of a multijurisdiction, multibillion-dollar series of credit and regulatory capital relief-focused vehicles.
- Represented a private equity fund sponsor in connection with the acquisition and eventual $790 million sale of a U.K.-based offshore wind turbine installation company.
- Structured, formed and negotiated a $632 million fund focused on regulatory capital relief transactions on behalf of a fund sponsor.
- Represented fund sponsors in the structuring, formation and negotiation of a series of investment fund vehicles in connection with a $3.4 billion private equity fund focused on renewable and alternative energy.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, cum laude, 2002
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, magna cum laude, 1999
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$