Bo Pearl represents companies in the entertainment, sports, and technology industries in their general business and antitrust litigation. Legal 500 recommends Bo as an “outstanding litigator.” The Recorder hailed Bo in 2017 as a Giant-slayer for his work in the Kesha/Dr. Luke litigation.
Finally, The American Lawyer nominated the O’Melveny Team for their Global Legal Litigation/Dispute Resolution Matter of the Year in 2017 for their $3 billion summary judgment win for Samsung in the Optical Disk Drive case.
Bo’s practice involves representation of both defendants and plaintiffs. On the defense side, Bo has obtained full defense judgments for clients such as Warner Bros., the Walt Disney Company, Live Nation, Samsung, and Manny Pacquiao.
- Representing pop star Kesha in litigation surrounding abuse claims in California and New York.
- Representing Agilent in trade secret litigation against company founded by former Agilent senior scientist.
- Obtained dismissal of defamation claim for Real Housewives of Orange County star on anti-SLAPP motion
- Won summary judgment and complete defense judgment for Samsung in $3 billion indirect purchaser (as well as retailer and manufacturer) claims regarding optical disc drives.
- Obtained complete dismissal of claims for Walt Disney Company in idea-theft case regarding Academy-Award winning motion picture, Zootopia.
- Obtained complete dismissal for Samsung in Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation.
- Obtained $78 million settlement for Beach Point Capital Management in fraud and breach of contract action, including payment of all attorneys’ fees.
- Represented Welterweight Champion Manny Pacquiao in Fifth Circuit. Argued appeal of successful terminating sanctions motion and prevailed in per curiam opinion.
- Obtained $450 million plaintiff-side settlement for aviation client in contractual dispute.
- Obtained $67 million plaintiff-side settlement for manufacturer in contractual dispute.
- Obtained $8 million plaintiff-side settlement for manufacturer in distributor termination and copyright infringement suit.
- Represented 14-year-old Salvadoran child in oral argument at Ninth Circuit and obtained new trial and successful reversal of deportation order.
- Won summary judgment for defendant in $40 million fraud, trade secret, and trademark action against leading water product manufacturer.
- Won full dismissal of $80 million suit alleging tortious interference with prospective economic advantage, prima facie tort, and willful misconduct against a group of investment funds in New York Supreme Court.
- Obtained full dismissal of antitrust claims versus leading airplane parts manufacturer on motion to dismiss.
- Represented a “Big Four” accounting firm and led briefing team of several major law firms and achieved dismissal of US$500 million corporate fraud suit at the pleading stage.
- Represented a motion picture studio in price fixing and price discrimination suit brought against seven movie studios regarding revenue sharing in the home video industry.
- Represented leading seller of discount show tickets in Las Vegas in Section 2 Sherman Act action.
- Represented leading real estate software provider in intellectual property / antitrust litigation.
- Represented several recording artists in litigation regarding intellectual property.
- US District Court, Northern, and Central Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Georgetown University, J.D.: Editor, Georgetown Law Journal; Equal Justice Foundation Scholar
- University of California at Davis, B.A.: Frank J. Mesple Scholarship Recipient; White House Intern
- Chair of the Board, Make-A-Wish, Greater Los Angeles
- American Bar Association, Antitrust and Litigation Sections
- California State Bar, Antitrust Section
- Georgetown Law Alumni Board
- Appointed by American Bar Association President to Standing Committee on Federal Judicial Improvements (Prior)
Rate : $$$$