Bob Nicksin is a seasoned litigator and transactional attorney with more than 25 years of experience specializing in environmental matters, including civil and criminal enforcement actions, compliance counseling, policy development, and advocacy. He also handles national and international environmental diligence associated with mergers, acquisitions and financings.
Bob’s practice covers a wide and diverse range of environmental issues such as air quality, climate change and greenhouse gas regulation. Bob has significant experience with Superfund and hazardous waste law, as well as the redevelopment, transfer, and cleanup of contaminated properties.
He has handled numerous actions brought under both the warning and the drinking water provisions of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxics Enforcement Act, better known as Proposition 65. Bob also publishes a quarterly update of recent developments with regard to maritime environmental law.
In 2010, Bob was awarded California Trout’s Streamkeeper Award for his pro bono work in representing that organization in Casitas Municipal Water District v. US. The Casitas Municipal Water District argued that the federal government owed it compensation for the water used to protect endangered fish species’ survival. Eventually, the courts determined that no compensation was due.
Bob’s continuing successes as a lawyer can be attributed to his ardent dedication to environmental law and his tenacity, resourcefulness, and commitment in pursuing his clients’ causes.
- Represented an international package delivery company, a nationwide security systems installer, and a grocery store chain in similar actions brought by county district attorneys and the State of California alleging improper disposal of hazardous wastes
- Represented Los Angeles County’s largest landfill operator in matters before the South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Represents two short-line railroads in matters including acquisition of a fleet of low-emission locomotives, negotiation of operating agreements, and obtaining government grants
- Represents Los Angeles’ largest refuse handler regarding CERCLA liability at various sites
- Whittier College, J.D.: 1991
- Indiana University, M.S., 1974: Telecommunications
- San Jose State University, B.A., 1973: Speech Communication
Rate : $$$