Bonnie L. Kristan has defended employers for close to 20 years, litigating cases in state and federal courts and defending trial outcomes on appeal in various areas of employment and workers’ compensation law.
In addition to her litigation practice, Bonnie provides practical solutions, strategic advice and compliance guidance in all areas of employment law, with an emphasis in areas with a medical and/or safety component, such as workers’ compensation, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA).
She conducts in-house training sessions to help employers avoid employment-related liability and is a frequent speaker on various employment law topics before human resources professionals and other business groups. Bonnie serves as a member of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Initiative.
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1998
- B.S., Miami University, 1993
- B.A., Miami University, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Beech Ball Planning Committee, Beech Brook
- Parent Liaison, Parents Advocating Challenge in Education, Medina City Schools
- Legislative Chair, Medina County Society for Human Resource Management
- Member, Workers’ Compensation Section, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Class of 2011-2012, Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation Leadership Institute
Rate : $$$$