Brad E. Dempsey helps financial institutions and other organizations resolve high-stakes disputes. An experienced trial lawyer and leader of the firm’s Colorado finance and restructuring litigation team, he focuses on bank litigation, bankruptcy litigation, receiver- ships, negotiation of workout, forbearance and restructuring agreements, real property and Article 9 foreclosures, FDIC and bank failure matters, real estate litigation, appeals, and other complex financial matters.
Brad has handled numerous cases before state, federal, bankruptcy and appellate courts throughout the United States. He has represented creditors in complex bankruptcy cases throughout the United States.
Brad also represents clients involved in complex disputes and litigation involving homeowners associations and Colorado’s Common Interest Ownership Act (CCIOA).
He participated in the enactment of Colorado’s recent HOA reform legislation and has developed significant expertise in HOA governance, management and CCIOA compliance through a decade of service to complex residential and resort communities in Jefferson County, Summit County and Eagle County.
Brad also has experience working with domestic and international clients operating in the wine industry.
- University of Colorado Law School, J.D. (1998)
- University of Colorado Boulder, B.A. Dean’s List (1995)
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado, Hon. Donald Cordova, 1999-2001
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado, Hon. Charles E. Matheson, 1999-1999
Professional Associations :
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Colorado State Bar Association — Bankruptcy and Financial Institutions Subsections
- Denver Bar Association
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
Civic Activities : University of Colorado at Boulder — Advisory Board, Chair, Presidents Leadership Class.
Rate : $$$