Brad Elias focuses on securities, M&A, and commercial litigation, and has represented clients in a broad a variety of cases, including shareholder class actions, derivative suits, contractual disputes, securities fraud actions, and other complex corporate matters.
Brad helps his clients protect their interests by crafting strategies that are creative and novel as well as cost-efficient, and that will force plaintiffs to abandon their standard playbook.
He serves banks, financial institutions, and large corporations, with a roster that includes Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UnitedHealthcare, and Samsung Electronics Co.
- Defended Samsung Electronics Co. in a contractual dispute with Microsoft Corp. concerning patent licensing agreement and business collaboration agreement. Obtained favorable settlement.
- Defended Merrill Lynch in a series of shareholder lawsuits alleging market manipulation through naked short sales. Prevailed on summary judgment in two cases, successfully moved to dismiss another, obtained favorable settlement in another, and successfully petitioned US Supreme Court to grant certiorari to decide jurisdictional issue in another.
- Representing underwriters, including Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, and Goldman Sachs, in two shareholder class actions alleging violations of Sections 11 and 12 of the Securities Act of 1933.
- Defended a Chinese technology company against breach-of-contract claims in arbitration initiated by a Pittsburgh-based corporation. Obtained variable settlement for client.
- Represented UnitedHealthcare in a shareholder derivative suit alleging breach of fiduciary duty in connection with the company’s claims-handling process. Successfully moved to dismiss the complaint.
- Representing three hedge funds as plaintiffs in a breach-of-contract action against GeoResources, Inc., for failure to honor warrant agreement.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second, Third and Ninth Circuits
- New York University, J.D., 2007
- Georgetown University, B.S., Finance, 2001
Rate : $$$