Brad M. Kahn is a financial restructuring practitioner, focused on large, complex in-court and out-of-court corporate restructurings. Brad’s experience includes representing ad hoc and official creditors’ committees, as well as debtors, in high-profile Chapter 11 cases. He also advises clients in multijurisdictional and cross-border insolvency proceedings.Brad’s restructuring matters encompass a variety of industries, including energy, telecommunications, shipping, technology and printing.
- Represents creditors, debtors, bondholders, hedge funds, institutional investors and ad hoc and official creditors’ committees.
- Advises clients in complex corporate restructurings and bankruptcies, including multijurisdictional and cross-border matters.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc. in connection with Nortel’s cross-border insolvency proceedings, including the resolution of disputes regarding the allocation of more than $7 billion in asset sale proceeds.
- Represented an ad hoc group of second lien noteholders of Erickson, Inc. in connection with a successful restructuring pursuant to which the second lien noteholders provided debtor-in-possession and exit financing to the debtors.
- Counseled the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of SandRidge Energy, Inc. in connection with the company’s complex Chapter 11 cases.
- Advising debtor FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. in connection with its complex Chapter 11 filing, including the negotiation and approval of certain support agreements and protocols at the outset of the cases, and the approval of a multibillion-dollar settlement of claims between the debtors and their nondebtor affiliates.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2007
- B.A., Yale University, 2004
- New York
Rate : $$