Bradley A. Chernin advises a broad range of public and private companies and entrepreneurs with respect to mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, strategic investments, joint ventures, licensing and general corporate matters. His clients include internet, social networking, digital media, financial technology, software and SaaS, online gaming, life sciences and clean technology companies.
Mr. Chernin has a particular interest in corporate acquisitions involving SaaS, gaming, digital media and technology. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Chernin taught middle school students in New York City through the Teach for America program.
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2009
- Pace University, M.St., 2006
- The George Washington University, B.A., 2004
Bar Admissions : California
Representative Matters :
- Tencent Holdings Limited in connection with its acquisition of a controlling stake in Supercell for $8.4 billion.
- Tencent Holdings Limited in connection with its acquisition of Riot Games as well as in multiple minority strategic investments.
- A Fortune 100 company in connection with numerous acquisitions of privately held software companies.
- Samsung Electronics Corporation in connection with its acquisition of PrinterOn.
- JD.Com in connection with its investment in and joint venture with ZestFinance, Inc.
- Sanofi in its purchase of a medical diagnostics and device manufacturer through bankruptcy proceedings.
- Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation in its role as lead investor in Protagonist Therapeutics, Inc.’s Series B financing.
- Solazyme in a collaborative research, development and license agreement.
Pro Bono :
- Camp Phoenix, an organization that empowers low-income children to overcome the summer learning gap through joyful academic learning, enrichment, and community building, in connection with its tax-exempt status and employment matters.
- Accountability Counsel, an organization that assists communities to defend their human and environmental rights through complaints to the accountability offices tied to projects that cause harm, in connection with its general corporate matters.
Previous Experience : Teach for America, Special Education Teacher (2004-2006)
Rate : $$$$