Bradley Fischer is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and vice chair of the Insurance Law Practice. His practice principally focuses on insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, and he has litigated numerous complex cases through trial and on appeal in Florida state and federal courts.
Mr. Fischer’s insurance coverage expertise includes claims involving business torts; toxic torts; pollution; construction defects; additional insured and indemnity issues; intellectual property matters; professional, general, automobile, trucking and products liability; and first party property.
Mr. Fischer’s bad faith practice includes claims arising out of coverage disputes, excess verdict/judgment cases, time-limit demands, and alleged improper claim handling and unfair trade practices. He also has vast litigation experience in commercial and tort defense cases.
Primary and excess insurers throughout the country recognize Mr. Fischer as an insurance coverage and bad faith specialist in Florida, and frequently call upon him for claim handling advice and in-depth written coverage and bad faith exposure opinions in a variety of settings.
After graduating fifth in his class at law school, where he received several academic awards and was a member of law review, Mr. Fischer began his career as a commercial litigator. In 1993 he opened the Florida office of a national law firm specializing in insurance coverage and general civil litigation. Mr. Fischer served as the managing partner of the Florida office through 2007, when he joined Lewis Brisbois.
Mr. Fischer has tried numerous cases in state and federal courts, both jury and non-jury, and has handled countless mediations and arbitrations. He has also authored over 1,000 insurance coverage opinions, reservation of rights letters and coverage denials for insurers addressing a multitude of subjects, as well as opinions analyzing potential bad exposure.
- Nova Southeastern University – Shepard Broad Law Center, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1987
- State University of New York at Cortland, Bachelor of Arts, 1984
- State Bar Admissions, Florida
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Other Admissions, United States Tax Court
Rate : $$$