Bradley C. Graveline is a partner in the Intellectual Property and Litigation Practice Groups in the firm’s Chicago office. Mr. Graveline has more than 25 years of experience litigating patent infringement cases, trademark disputes, cases involving theft of trade secrets, and other commercial matters. His patent infringement experience involves a variety of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, biologics, medical devices, nutrition supplements, security screening systems, software, and wireless communications.
Mr. Graveline led the trial team that secured a key patent victory for SecurityPoint, the company that invented the system of recycling trays through security screening checkpoints by use of movable carts that TSA uses in commercial airports throughout the United States. After an 8-day trial, the United States Court of Federal Claims concluded that SecurityPoint’s patent is valid and infringed by TSA.
Mr. Graveline has substantial expertise in Hatch-Waxman litigation and has represented pharmaceutical companies in over twenty-five ANDA cases. He frequently represents highly visible clients in high-stakes ANDA cases and has served as lead trial and appeal counsel in numerous cases.
In addition to intellectual property litigation experience, Mr. Graveline has worked on a wide array of other commercial cases in the areas of professional responsibility, breach of contract, product liability, securities, antitrust, and class action defense.
Mr. Graveline also manages a trademark prosecution team that handles the global protection and enforcement of trademark portfolios, and he counsels clients in the strategy and procurement of trademark rights. He is a qualified mediator in the Northern District of Illinois Lanham Act Mediation Program.
Mr. Graveline has represented Alembic Pharmaceuticals; Abon Pharmaceuticals; Incepta Pharmaceuticals; Barr Laboratories; Teva Pharmaceuticals; Symbiotec Pharmalab; Sun Pharmaceuticals; Macleods Pharmaceuticals; SillaJen; Essentra; Chemo Group; Everett Laboratories; Stryker; Abbott Laboratories; Moffat & Co.; HD Buttercup; SecurityPoint Holdings, Inc.; HTC; MacLean Power Systems; Morningstar; Nuveen; and General Electric Co.
- J.D., Northwestern University, Editor of the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, 1990
- B.A., DePauw University, 1987
- Northern District of Illinois
- District of Colorado
- Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Representation of Alembic Pharmaceuticals in ANDA litigation relating to febuxostat. Teijin, et al. v. Alembic, et al.
- Representation of Everett Laboratories in multiple cases involving nutritional supplements.Everett Laboratories, Inc. v. Acella Pharmaceuticals, LLC.
- Representation of Barr in ANDA case involving patents relating to dutasteride, the active ingredient in Avodart®, which is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. SmithKline Beecham Corporation v. Barr Laboratories, Inc.
- Representation of Barr in ANDA litigation relating to Travatan® and Travatan Z®, which are used for the treatment of intraocular pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma. Alcon Research, Ltd. v. Barr Laboratories, Inc.
- Representation of Barr Laboratories in ANDA litigation relating to Focalin XR®, a drug product used in the treatment of attention deficit disorders. Celgene Corporation, et al. v. Barr Laboratories, Inc.
- Representation of Sun and Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd. in ANDA cases relating to Schering’s patent for Clarinex®, a pharmaceutical product used to treat allergy symptoms. Schering Corporation v. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd., et al.
- Representation of Barr Laboratories in ANDA litigation relating to fentanyl, a drug product used for pain relief. Cephalon, Inc., et al. v. Barr Laboratories, Inc.
Rate : $$$