Bradley K. Jones is a trial lawyer with a focus on complex commercial litigation. He has a diverse legal background and strives not only to recognize his clients’ immediate litigation needs, but to achieve a desired outcome that is practical and consistent with his clients’ long-term business objectives.
- Defended an exploration and production company in a dispute concerning a joint operating agreement and major cost overruns in a construction of processing facility.
- Defended an energy services company in a dispute concerning a take-or-pay provision of a crude oil buy/sale and exchange balancing agreement. Assisted in obtaining summary judgment and a favorable settlement.
- Defended industrial construction companies in personal injury and workers’ compensation matters; obtained summary judgments for the parent and subsidiary.
- Second chair for a software company in commercial arbitration. Spearheaded extensive discovery necessary to refute counterclaims of fraud, breach of contract and misrepresentations. Obtained a favorable arbitration verdict awarding full damages and attorneys’ fees.
- Assisted in obtaining dismissal of allegations of human trafficking and RICO violations against overseas government contractors; engaged in review of large-scale document preservation and e-discovery.
- Represented financial institutions and oil and gas companies in debt collection matters, including post-judgment collections, bankruptcy and adversary proceedings.
- Defended a Fortune 100 Company in dozens of cases involving breach of warranty and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act allegations.
- Acted as local counsel and helped defend insurance carriers in hundreds of National Flood Insurance Act and Standard Flood Insurance Policy disputes in state and federal courts.
- State Bar of Texas
- Federal Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Greater Houston Preservation Alliance
- Houston Zoo Young Supporters (Flock)
- Hermann Park Conservancy
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2007
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$