Bradley W. Smith, shareholder in the Jackson office, is a member of the Firm’s Product Liability & Mass Tort Practice Group. Mr. Smith concentrates his practice in litigation with significant experience in the defense of automotive, drug and medical device product liability, as well as mass tort environmental litigation and professional liability for physicians, hospitals and long term care facilities. His experience also includes class action, commercial and construction litigation.
Mr. Smith has tried to verdict product liability, professional liability, personal injury and commercial cases in Mississippi state courts as well as in U.S. District Courts for both the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi.
Recent Trial Experience:
- Jury verdicts in favor of automobile manufacturer in suits alleging defective design for handling and stability.
- Jury verdicts in favor of automobile manufacturer in suits alleging defective door latch.
- Jury verdict in favor of roofing products manufacturer in suit alleging defective warnings and design.
- Jury verdict in favor of national restaurant chain in premise liability shooting suit.
- Jury verdicts in favor of automobile manufacturer in suits alleging defective fuel system.
- Jury verdict in favor of pediatric cardiovascular surgeon in suit alleging medical negligence.
- Jury verdict in favor of OBGYN in suit alleging medical negligence.
- Served as lead counsel in federal court in a nursing home neglect case in which the plaintiff alleged that the staff’s negligent care caused injuries and death of a resident. Obtained a defense verdict after a five-day trial. Plaintiff requested $1.25 million in compensatory damages.
- Served as coordinator of defense of over 340 automotive product liability lawsuits in Mississippi for automobile manufacturers.
- Served as lead counsel for defense of 43 nursing home personal injury cases.
- Served as lead counsel for numerous pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in product liability cases.
- Served as lead trial counsel for premises liability defense for national restaurant chain.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American (Tort and Insurance Practice section), Mississippi (Health Law Section) and Capital
- Member – DRI (Drug and Medical Device Committee)
- Member – Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Volunteer – Live Auction, Art for Heart (2010)
Rate : $$$$