Bradley C. Weber is the Co-Leader of Locke Lord LLP’s Antitrust Practice Group, working in both the Dallas and Washington, D.C. offices. He also is the Chair-Elect of the Antitrust & Business Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas, a Director on the Board of the State Bar of Texas, and a Past President of the Dallas Bar Association.
Brad has developed a full-service antitrust practice with an emphasis on litigation, government investigations, and antitrust compliance. His recent litigation cases have involved clients from a wide range of industries, including building products, energy, chemicals, financial services, medical devices, travel services, telecommunications, and agriculture. He also has extensive experience representing clients in class actions and multidistrict litigation.
In addition to his litigation practice, Brad frequently represents clients in government antitrust investigations, enforcement actions, and merger reviews with the Federal Trade Commission, the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, and numerous state Attorney General antitrust agencies.
He also advises clients on the antitrust implications of proposed transactions and other business activities, including compliance and reporting under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, and provides consultation, analysis, and advice regarding the antitrust laws as they relate to various business relationships and trade association activities.
A client represented by Brad in a government investigation told Chambers that he “works magic” with antitrust regulators. Brad speaks and writes frequently on antitrust law enforcement, practice, policy, and compliance.
He is a frequent guest lecturer on antitrust and trade regulation at the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University. He also has been a regular speaker at the State Bar of Texas’ Federal Court Practice seminars, where his topics have included Dispositive Motions and Trial Procedure.
Companies and other groups frequently request him to present antitrust compliance training programs to their officers, in-house counsel, and other employees. Brad is a leader in local, state, and national bar associations, including his service as the President of the Dallas Bar Association in 2015.
He also serves as a Trustee on the Board of the Dallas Bar Foundation, and previously served as Chair of the DBA’s Board of Directors in 2011, Chair of the DBA’s Finance Committee from 2008 to 2013, and President of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers in 1998. On the state level, Brad is a Director on the Board of the State Bar of Texas, and he is the Chair-Elect of the SBOT Antitrust & Business Litigation Section. He also was Co-Chair of the ABA Litigation Section’s Antitrust Litigation Committee from 2008 to 2011.
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association, Member
- Antitrust Section, Member
- Litigation Section, Member
- Antitrust Litigation Committee, Co-Chair (2008-2011)
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Board of Directors, Director (2016-2018)
- Antitrust & Business Litigation Section, Chair Elect (2018)
- Litigation Section, Member
- Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section, Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Director (1995-1999)
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Equal Access to Justice Campaign, Co-Chair (2011-2012)
- Finance Committee, Chair (2008-2013)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation Section, Council (2011-2018)
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Trustee (2015-2018)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, President (1998)
- Dallas Talented and Gifted Magnet High School, High School Mock Trial Team Coach (2007-2011)
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1987
- B.S., Engineering Science, Iowa State University, 1984
- District of Columbia, 2008
- Texas, 1987
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$